From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] EFI install ( continum) [ system hangs at boot ]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 12:12:34
1 On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 06:53:32 -0500, German wrote:
2
3 > Ok gentooers. I did manage to install gentoo on EFI, it boots, however
4 > hangs at "Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
5 > unknown-block ( 0,0)"
6 >
7 > Does anyone have an idea what is going on?
8
9 The kernel cannot find the block device containing your root filesystem.
10 Either you have given the wrong root= option to the kernel or you have
11 not compiled in the driver your your hard disk driver.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.