From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] controlling xscreensaver throttle
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 00:08:26
1 On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 20:09 -0500, »Q« wrote:
2 > I'm using a laptop, and I'd like xscreensaver to just display a blank
3 > screen when running on battery power. The command
4 >
5 > $ xscreensaver-command --throttle
6
7 [snip]
8
9 > But when xscreensaver kicks in because of idle time, it's unthrottled
10 > no matter the power source, and I can't find a way to control that. If
11 > I could control this, I'd be happy. The stuff below about suspending is
12 > less important to me.
13
14 how about running a daemon to watch the output of
15 `xscreensaver-command -watch`
16 instead of using your script. That way, regardless of what kicks off
17 the screensaver (you or the timeout) you can then do some action to it.
18
19 > I use suspend2 to suspend to HDD, and I want to lock the screen
20 > when suspending. Using the LockXScreenSaver option in hibernate.conf
21 > locks all X displays, but even if xscreensaver is throttled before
22 > that, upon resume from suspend it's unthrottled. AFAICT, when
23 > resuming, suspend2 actually restarts xscreensaver, so its state was
24 > lost.
25
26 I think the above solution could work here too.
27
28 HTH,
32 <Deek> If the user points the gun at his foot and pulls the trigger, it
33 is our job to ensure the bullet gets where it's supposed to.
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list