From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel upgrade broke NAT
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:24:23
1 On (22/02/08 06:37) Grant wrote:
2 > I upgraded my router's kernel from linux-2.6.18-hardened-r6 to
3 > linux-2.6.23-hardened-r7 and now I get errors when starting the
4 > firewall:
5 >
6 > "requires NAT which is disabled"
7 >
8 > ERROR: Command "/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state
9 > ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT" Failed
10 >
11 > I used make oldconfig carefully to update the config. I've been back
12 > over the current config carefully but I don't see what went wrong.
13 > Does anyone have any ideas?
14 >
15 > - Grant
16 > --
17 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
18 >
19 Hi,
20
21 Too bad that 'oldconfig' isn't always working :-(
22 Specially from something 2.6.17-18 to > 20.
23 Manually check your kernel config (enable NAT etc)
24 IIRC the netwoking sections moved, so much stuff is disabled by default.
25 Also recompile iptables, just to be on the safe side.
26 HTH. Rumen