From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Error during boot up.
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 08:29:39
1 On December 21, 2018 12:21:35 AM UTC, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 15:13:37 -0600, Dale wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> I don't think it would help.  It's the speed that is the problem. It
6 >was
7 >>> almost impossible to read anything with my old CPU. It's nothing but
8 >a
9 >>> blur with this new one.  Mostly, I saw red letters and what looked
10 >like
11 >>> the word "error".
12 >> Record a video of the screen while booting and play it back in slow
13 >> motion. It's low tech but it works with all errors, even those from
14 >> GRUB ;-)
19 >The only video camera I have is one built into my still picture
20 >camera.
21 >I can tell you, it ain't much resolution wise.  It might help but at
22 >the
23 >speed things are scrolling up and how basic that camera's video
24 >function
25 >is, I don't know.  Might be worth a shot tho.
26 >
27 >What gets me, error or not, the system is running fine.  I haven't
28 >noticed anything not working either.  No clue what it could be.  I got
29 >another part coming in tomorrow so I'll likely have to shutdown in the
30 >next couple days.  I'm just about ready to start rearranging my hard
31 >drives and such.
32 >
33 >While at it.  I have most of my hard drives in front of the large 230mm
34 >front fan in my case.  I have a Cooler Master HAF 932.  One drive is up
35 >on the top part, no fan there but it has plenty of air holes and a tiny
36 >amount of air gets sucked in and over the drive(s).  The drive runs at
37 >86F.  My other drives that are in front of that fan runs a little
38 >cooler, 77F.  That little bit warmer won't affect the life of the drive
39 >will it?  From what I've read, some run just fine even when over 100F.
40 >Just checking.  If needed, I can get a fan mounted in there somehow.  I
41 >have to say, I like the cooling on this case.  Those large fans can
42 >move
43 >some air.
44 >
45 >Thanks.
46 >
47 >Dale
48 >
50
51 Temperature fluctuations are what kills equipment. If the temperature stays constant within the safe range, then it should be fine.
54 Joost
55 --
56 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.