From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] separate / and /usr to require initramfs 2013-11-01
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 22:24:36
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > Do you have any examples of this actually happening? Not "I heard a bloke down the pub talking
3 about a mate of a mate who broke his system with an initramfs" but
4 actual documented examples of how this can occur in normal use.
5
6 You can start with me. That is what I kept running into is the init
7 thingy failing. I would reinstall and it would work for a while but
8 would eventually give some sort of error and crap out. So to answer
9 your question, I can say MYSELF that this EXACT thing has happened. It
10 also happened on a very popular distro at that. Mandrake at the time.
11 It wasn't just once, it was many times.
12
13 Dale
14
18 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
19 how you interpreted my words!