From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] disable syanptics pad
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 18:39:52
1 On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 1:00 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > One of my gentoo users only uses and external mouse
6 > and hates the synaptics pad.
7 >
8 > I cannot get rid of the input being active from the
9 > synaptics pad.
10
11 I think you need to set corepointer=0 in the FDI file or something
12 similar to that. Or if you're using xorg.conf point it to a specific
13 mouse instead of /dev/mice or whatever the catch-all mouse device is.
14 May be able to get rid of it "even more" with udev rules or something
15 to just make it go away. Sorry I don't have specific examples, I'm on
16 a windows machine right now.