From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Choosing between system profiles: hardened and desktop for desktop installation.
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 14:41:39
1 On Tuesday 04 Jul 2017 10:14:23 Martin Vaeth wrote:
2 > Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > > hardening is intended
4 > > more for protection against local threats, like someone else
5 > > sitting in your seat, than anything coming in over the wires.
6 >
7 > With modern browsers and their complexity, you can expect that any
8 > website (or the one who has hacked it) can do anything which the
9 > user of that browser can do if he is sitting on your seat.
10
11 Have you seen any reports of that kind of thing? I tend to be sceptical of
12 unsubstantiated rumours. No doubt almost anything is possible with the
13 World's Worst Operating System, but I'd expect Linux to be less vulnerable.
16 Regards
17 Peter