From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE and NetworkManager
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:44:25
1 Hi All,
2
3 I would like to get some help regarding networkmanager and KDE.
4
5 I have installed the networkmanager package on my machine and I also
6 have networkmanagement kde application installed. My problem is that
7 as a user I'm not able to abb network connection using network manager
8 in kde. There is no way to run this application as root and I'm not
9 able to login as root into KDE.
10
11 At the moment I don't have any network connection on that machine. If
12 I want it then I have to remove networkmanager package and let the
13 rc-process to handle the networks.
14
15 Is there a place where that is described how possible to solve this
16 issue? Is there a tutorial about networkmanager where the
17 configuration is described or something like this? What right is
18 needed or something? I have googled a few hours but I haven't found
19 anything.
20
21 I appreciate your help!
22
23 András
26 -- Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando) -- http://sayusi.hu --
27 http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
28 -- ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell