From: Damian <damian.only@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mpd doesn't play ogg files
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:17:18
1 On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.edu> wrote:
2 > On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 11:37:54PM +0100, Penguin Lover Damian squawked:
3 >> > Unless I'm mistaken, mpd uses gstreamer, right? So, have you checked that
4 >> > you have gst-plugins-ogg emerged?
5 >> So, this would imply a buggy ebuild?
6 >
7 > Yes, you are mistaken. mpd does not need to use gstreamer.
8 >
9 > To the OP, I don't think it can be strictly a versions issue. I run
10 > mpd-0.13.2 on my desktop, and ogg-vorbis (pretty much my entire music
11 > collection is in this format) plays just fine. On my laptop I use
12 > 0.14.2, it is stable enough (and has some nice features), so you can
13 > go ahead a try it if you wish.
14 I uploaded this album to my mp4 player, and it hung when I tried to
15 play it. So there may be something wrong with the encoding. The
16 strange thing is that mplayer plays it just fine.
17
18 I'll try to make some time to translate some mp3 file to ogg and see
19 what happens.
22 > W
23 > --
24 > The true significance of Sacajawea's involvement
25 > in the Lewis and Clark expedition:
26 >  It was the first documented trip in history where men asked a woman for
27 >  directions and followed them, allowing them to arrive at their destination.
28 > Sortir en Pantoufles: up 829 days, 11:52