From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 23:40:28
1 Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@×××××.com> schrieb:
2
3 > 3. The handbook suggests that I should add this line to
4 > /etc/env.d/02locale: 'LC_COLLATE="C"', but I do not know if they are
5 > again talking about the language "DE". RESOLUTION: I assumed
6 > LC_COLLATE=C refers to english and added the line without
7 > modification.
8
9 C refers to "as in C code"... Or something like that. What's essential: It
10 tells the system to use the strings like they are recorded in the program
11 file, without translating. In most cases that's English.
12
13 HTH
14 Kai