From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Display on HDMI-connected TV to large
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 20:33:30
1 On 19 Feb 2010, at 18:42, Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2 > ...
3 > the display on my
4 > TFT-TV is a bit too large on all sides so that it doesn't fit
5 > completely
6 > in. It is only a cm or so on all sides that overlap but it is really
7 > annoying.
8 >
9 > ... My 19" TV is connected via HDMI and runs at 1280x720
10 >
11 > The same configuration worked perfectly in zaphod mode so that it is
12 > possible with this hardware. But as zaphod is more then less broken
13 > and
14 > without priority I changed to xrandr.
15
16 This may seem a little odd, but check your telly's remote for an
17 overscan button or menu item.
18
19 I know it worked before, but maybe the mode got accidentally enabled
20 since then.
21
22 The wrong overscan / underscan mode can show *exactly* the symptom you
23 describe. You may notice text to be slightly blurry, too.
24
25 Stroller.