From: "Schleimer
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] automatically adding a new user to cdrom group? [Solved]
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:11:54
1 Thanks for the hint.
2 This seems like the best solution.
3 I'll implement this as soon as possible.
4
5 Cheers,
6 Ben
7
8 --- Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
9
10 > On 3/28/06, Schleimer, Ben <bensch128@×××××.com>
11 > wrote:
12 > > Would it be reasonable to request that useradd
13 > > automatically adds a new user to the cdrom group?
14 >
15 > You can do this yourself in /etc/group by assigning
16 > different group
17 > names the same gid:
18 >
19 > users:x:100:rjf
20 > cdrom:x:100:
21 > plugdev:x:100:
22 > audio:x:100:
23 > scanner:x:100:
24 > usb:x:100:
25 > ...
26 >
27 > -Richard
28 >
29 > --
30 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
35 "he who writes the code gets to choose his license, and nobody else gets to complain" - Linus Torvale
36 In my honest option, it should read - "he who writes the code gets to choose his license, and everybody else complains."
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list