From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] power loss when emerging
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:22:50
1 On Wednesday 19 October 2005 04:58 pm, Billy Holmes wrote:
2 > Dave Nebinger wrote:
3 > > Keepwork will keep the results of the build process in /var/tmp/portage,
4 > > but I didn't believe portage could pick up in the middle even if keepwork
5 > > was set...
6 >
7 > I will resume in the middle, based upon how the Makefile, autoconf, and
8 > dependancies are setup. Since the .o files are still there, the make
9 > process will skip them.
10
11 My experience has only been from the ebuild development side. I know that
12 ebuild checks timestamps on the directories to determine if a re-extract is
13 necessary, but I wasn't sure if quitting in the middle of a compile would act
14 as a similar trigger or not.
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list