From: behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia and optimus
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 11:55:14
1 On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 2:38 PM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Tuesday, December 16, 2014 02:12:06 PM behrouz khosravi wrote:
4 > > Hello everyone.
5 > > I was trying to get native optimus support for my laptop using the Nvidia
6 > > driver, but after startx the screen goes black for some several seconds
7 > and
8 > > xserver exits.
9 > > The output messages are attached.
10 > > I just added a dot to end of xorg.conf and .xinitrc to bypass it for now.
11 > > Thanks for your time.
12 >
13 > Did you install and configure Bumblebee?
14 >
15 > I haven't configured anything special myself and got it working following
16 > the
17 > official documentation:
18 >
19 > http://bumblebee-project.org/install.html#Gentoo
20 > ****
21 > emerge bumblebee
22 >
23 > After installation completes, add yourself to the "bumblebee" group to
24 > enable
25 > use of the optirun command. You will have to re-login for group changes to
26 > take effect.
27 > ****
28 >
29 > --
30 > Joost
33 I have not tried the bumblebee.
34 I just waned to use optimus without that, but it seem the it is not easy!
35 I think I will try that sometime