From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS problem
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 22:21:56
1 On 12/24/19 11:27 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 2019-12-24 02:17, Mick wrote:
3 >> On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 09:03:44 GMT Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 >>> On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 06:11:12 GMT J. Roeleveld wrote:
5 >>>> What happens when you remove the IPv6 adresses from the NFS config?
6 >>>> As you
7 >>>> are using IPv4, those should not be needed.
8 >>>>
9 >>>> I haven't had time to enable IPv6 yet, so can't check locally what
10 >>>> works
11 >>>> and what doesn't.
12 >>>
13 >>> Well, wouldn't you just know it? The Atom box (the server) has died. No
14 >>> blinken lights or anything. I wondered why Firefox was so slow; it's
15 >>> lost
16 >>> its proxy.
17 >>>
18 >>> See you later...
19 >>
20 >> I'd start with checking the PSU is providing adequate power, if any at
21 >> all.
22 >> If the MoBo is fried it would be probably a good time to find
23 >> something to
24 >> replace it in the January sales.
27 > I agree... especially if it has an external AC-DC converter box in the
28 > power cord. It may have gone poof by itself and the actual device is fine.
29 >
30 > Dan
31
32 Fancy mult-meters are very valuable, if you have the cabbage. Being an
33 EE, it's a necessary tool. Fluke is always overpriced, but extremely
34 high quality. I have flukes that are 40+ years old and still do what
35 they were designed to do. Fluke is THE gold-standard in EE
36 instrumentation. Look at many different version, to decide the price
37 point. If Fluke is not your first MM,
38 it will be your second...... Extraordinary accuracy
39 and some version all data/images to be stored on your computer, as a
40 reference.
41
42 IMHO, everyone hacking on multiple systems, particularly embedded
43 (gentoo) should at the very least have a full function multi-meter.
44
45 Here's one to look at, as a reference (fluke87-V)::
46
47 https://www.amazon.com/Fluke-FLUKE-87-V-Digital-Multimeter/dp/B0002YFD1K/?keywords=fluke+meter&qid=1577219154&sr=8-8
48
49 Don't be shy, there are many online tutorials and places to learn/get-help.
52 hth,
53 James