From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: More lvm2 questions
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 08:43:31
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 20:05:00 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Also, after my recent move, I see now I should have made / MUCH smaller.
5 >> I mean MUCH MUCH smaller. :/ There goes that hindsight again.
6 >
7 > Yes, I usually make / about 400MB and it is half full.
8
9 Mines bigger than yours:
10
11 Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
12 rootfs 24G 1.3G 21G 6% /
13
14 ROFL
18 >> Naturally it is NOT on LVM.
19 >
20 > If you're using in "init thingy" [tm] you may as well put / on an LV too.
25 Well, I may later on do just that. If / was on LVM, I could shrink that
26 puppy pretty easy. Look at all that wasted space. Grrrrr. I started
27 to make it 10G but couldn't recall what I had calculated and I couldn't
28 find where I wrote it down either.
29
30 My only gripe, gkrellm can't see the LVM groups and such. It's sees the
31 partition but just as one thing to monitor and not separate as they
32 actually are for the file systems. Oh well, my Cooler Master HAF-932
33 case has that nice BRIGHT blue light. If it is on, it's doing
34 something. :/
35
36 Oh, been saving money for that nice LARGE drive too. Maybe in a couple
37 months I can get me a 2 or 3Tb drive. Yeppie!!
38
39 Dale
40
44 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
45 how you interpreted my words!
46
47 Miss the compile output? Hint:
48 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"