From: shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssh hanging ... why?
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 03:44:19
1 "did "chmod 0600" now."
2
3 You just made it read+writable by just you - you're running ssh by you,
4 right?
5
6 I referred to the man page because I thought there would be something I
7 could just quote and learned something "Omitted digits are assumed to be
8 leading zeros." which makes sense, as I intuitively knew if I left out the
9 sticky bit, it would be unset but always thought: user, group, everyone
10 else. So, 'chmod 0 config' doesn't look as cluttered and conveys the same
11 meaning :)