From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Does Firefox call Google?
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:05:39
1 On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Am Mittwoch, 23. September 2009 schrieb KH:
3 >> Grant schrieb:
4 >> > [snip] and the home page is not set to go there.[snip]
5 >>
6 >> Hi,
7 >>
8 >> does this also include stuff like google analytics? Like are there adds
9 >> on the homepage?
10 >
11 > I'm blocking all requests to google analytics with NoScript.
12 > Google doesn’t have to know everything.
13 > The same goes for googlesyndication.
14
15 It's a double-edged sword. If I block google-analytics, web site
16 owners won't know that I've visited their site. It will be one less
17 Linux user in their stats. ("But everyone uses Windows, look at the
18 stats! Let's use ActiveX!")