From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ebuild ChangeLog and emerge -l
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 15:31:10
1 When doing an update using the -l option of emerge, eg:
2
3 emerge -uDNl world
4
5 The ChangeLog entries that are displayed seem buggy to me. For example,
6 sometimes a whole page worth of changes from a single ChangeLog is
7 displayed, containing entries for ebuilds older than what is currently
8 installed. Some other times it's less dramatic, but still contains
9 stuff that should not show up.
10
11 The above seems to be the norm rather than the exception. For example,
12 right now I'm doing an update from llvm-2.9-r1 to llvm-2.9-r2, and
13 emerge prints:
14
15 *llvm-2.9-r2
16
17 23 May 2011; Bernard Cafarelli <voyageur@g.o> +llvm-2.9-r2.ebuild,
18 +files/llvm-2.9-Operator.h-c++0x.patch:
19 Fix header for gcc 4.6, bug #365925
20
21 21 Apr 2011; Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> llvm-2.9-r1.ebuild,
22 llvm-9999.ebuild:
23 Fix broken reference that I missed yesterday
24
25 20 Apr 2011; Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> llvm-2.9-r1.ebuild,
26 llvm-9999.ebuild:
27 Fix install_name_tooling