From: Antoine <melser.anton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - ORT invisible
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 17:35:07
1 Hi,
2 I am trying to set up a website for my father and wanted to use a free
3 hosting service here in France (1 gig space + php + mysql, no ads - so
4 not to be sniffed at!). I have got myself a domain name (for me not him,
5 but it is just for testing...) and am trying to work out whether it is
6 possible to make it so that the user doesn't see the fact that it is on
7 a free host. I am using the redirection provided by my dns service to
8 point to a directory on the free site
9 (http://antonovich.free.fr/DerekMelser). When I put the url
10 http://www.antonmelser.org into the url bar it does indeed take me
11 there... but clicking on the links on the page keeps the same thing
12 there (eg, the link
13 http://antonovich.free.fr/DerekMelser/journal/recent.html), which means
14 still http://www.antonmelser.org. That would be OK but unfortunately
15 even when I click on a link to an external site the
16 http://www.antonmelser.org stays there... not so nice! I get the same
17 with firefox and konqueror and even IE on doze - so it looks more like a
18 feature than a bug - can someone enlighten me on this?
19 Cheers
20 Antoine
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list