From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT -- superuser file manager access to remote via ssh with no root login?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:50:52
1 On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org> wrote:
2 > I can't figure this one out.
3 >
4 > Have disallowed root login, public key auth.
5 >
6 > Have a bunch of random renaming to do on that machine though, so would like to point and click for a change.
7 >
8 > Is this possible? No GUI libs on the remote machine...
9 >
10 > I was thinking sshfs, but since I can't login directly as root, is there some other way?
11
12 I believe you can make a key to associate with one command only. So
13 perhaps you can allow root login, but the only root key is one that
14 runs scp. Then you can scp as root but no actual login as root is
15 possible to "normal" ssh.