From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to avoid perl harbor (pun intended)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 12:20:06
1 Today's update started as a disaster: perl wants to upgrade from
2 5.20.2 to 5.22.0, but all of my existing perl modules insist on having
3 5.20.2 so the perl update blocks and then emerge stopped with an error
4 and left the whole mess for me to solve. (To me this appears to be a
5 bug in the perl family of ebuilds.)
6
7 Here is my painless workaround for this mess:
8
9 #ebuild /usr/portage/dev-lang/perl/perl-5.22.0.ebuild merge
10
11 That trick cleared the blocker and allowed the rest of today's update
12 to proceed. (Lots of individual perl modules have updates also, which
13 may be part of this problem, but I don't know.)