From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XSESSION="Xsession" doesn't work!
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:14:44
1 On Wednesday 18 July 2007 07:16, Dale wrote:
2 > Elias Probst wrote:
3 > > Am Dienstag, 17. Juli 2007 23:01:12 schrieb Stroller:
4 > >> Hi there,
5 > >>
6 > >> I'm fairly experienced with Linux and have been using Gentoo for over
7 > >> 3 years, ...
8 > >
9 > > Probably, you're not that fairly experienced regarding the usage of your
10 > > mail client. ;-)
11 > >
12 > > Regards, Elias P.
13 >
14 > Well, I don't know about yours but mine says they were all sent at the
15 > same exact time. So why are they arriving at different times? Are we
16 > sure this is him and not something else?
17 >
18 > It is weird though. Something fishy somewhere.
19
20 For what it's worth I only got the one. If everyone else got multiple
21 messages then perhaps gmail is filtering them.
22
23 With regards to the OP getting twm running, that should be the default WM if
24 Xsession is used. Does your /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc contain something like
25 this at the bottom?
26 ================================
27 # start some nice programs
28 twm &
29 xclock -geometry 50x50-1+1 &
30 xterm -geometry 80x50+494+51 &
31 xterm -geometry 80x20+494-0 &
32 exec xterm -geometry 80x66+0+0 -name login
33 ================================
34
35 What is the default shell that the user has in this OS image? That may affect
36 how xinit is run and what it can do thereafter. Also, if you hosed
37 you .bashrc and a shell was defined in there, then that might explain why you
38 could see xterms launching before, but not any more.
39
40 Anyway, just some loose thoughts. Perhaps you can reload the image afresh and
41 see what happens then.
42
43 HTH.
44 --