From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] which filesystem is best for raid 0?
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 18:46:56
1 On 12/08/2020 18:53, Никита Степанов wrote:
2 > which filesystem is best for raid 0?
3 >
4 DON'T.
5
6 https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Linux_Raid
7
8 If you're thinking about raid 0, I'll suggest using btrfs instead. Just
9 don't forget that, by default, btrfs mirrors the metadata (I think that
10 means the directories), but does not mirror the data. Losing a disk
11 means losing all the files that are on it.
12
13 What further thoughts do you have? WHY do you want a raid 0? It's not
14 recommended, precisely because losing a drive means a massively
15 increased risk of losing everything.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Wol