From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] office softs
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 20:25:35
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 22:07 on Wednesday 25 May 2011, Paul Hartman
2 did opine thusly:
3
4 > On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Stéphane Guedon <stephane@××××××××××.eu>
5 wrote:
6 > > Hello
7 > >
8 > > Some of you tried both LibreOffice / OpenOffice / Calligra recently ?
9 > >
10 > > What do you think of them ? Which is stable / not yet fully finish ? ...
11 >
12 > They are both very mature and stable and should be able to do almost
13 > anything you need, as long as that need is not 100% MS-compatibility.
14 > ;)
15
16 LibreOffice comes with a huge benefit - I do not have to see the Oracle logo
17 on the splash screen. That alone was enough to make me switch.
18
19 Other than that, I reckon they are mostly on par with each other for the
20 average user. According to some recent blogs I scanned over, LibreOffice ships
21 with more templates or makes the process easier. I can see how many people
22 would like that a lot.
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com