From: Nils Freydank <nils.freydank@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: perfinion@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Hardened profile and SELinux support active?
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2020 13:42:42
1 Hi Ihor,
2
3 myself I use only hardened profiles without SELinux on my machines, and
4 AFAICT it mostly boils down *this* way to some default toolchain flags for
5 C/C++ and a nearly-default kernel (sys-kernel/gentoo-soures package)[a].
6
7 I dropped a note about your question on the IRC channel #gentoo-hardened on
8 freenode[b] and got mostly instant responses from people telling they run
9 SELinux fine on Gentoo (so it seems you're right and only our docs are a
10 bit dusty) -- you might want to ask there for details ;-)
11
12 I'm top-posting here and Cc'ing one of the gentoo devs maintaing SELinux,
13 so he get's your original question aswell (he hasn't subscribed to this
14 list).
15
16 hope this helps and from my side also a warm welcome to Gentoo!
17
18 [a] side note: it's similar to archs default kernel mostly vanilla upstream
19 only with security or bugfix patches and optional patches for
20 convenience, e.g. -march=native or systemd vs openrc.
21 [b] https://webchat.freenode.net/
22