From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why both /usr/lib and /usr/lib64 on a 64bit system?
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 22:55:23
1 On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 2:33 PM Valmor F. de Almeida
2 <val.gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > Hello,
6 > I use the global flags USE="elogind alsa -multilib -abi_x86_32" and I
7 > thought this would prevent 32bit libraries to be installed.
8 >
9 > For example I have (from glibc) both:
10 >
11 > /usr/lib/libutil.so
12 > /usr/lib64/libutil.so
15 In case you haven't already figured it out, glibc ignores the setting
16 of abi_x86_32. It is controlled by your profile selection. Part of
17 that might be legacy, but if you build glibc without lib32 support it
18 is basically impossible to add it in later without bootstrapping it.
19
20 If you don't want multilib then you can use a no-multilib profile.
23 Rich