From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] browser advice
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:40:56
1 On 11/29/06, Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt> wrote:
2 > I'm about to dump Firefox, because I can't google in English. The thing
3 > doesn't let me choose the language, and I'm tired of getting useless
4 > Brazilian links. Yes, I know about the settings, I already deleted the
5 > google.pt cookie, but it's no use. I don't know, nor care, whose fault
6 > it is (Google's, firefox's or mine, for not having telepathic gifts), I
7 > just won't let anyone choose for me.
10 Have you tried the "Google in English" link at the bottom of the page?
11 I just tried it and it returned in English at the same session after
12 closing the page. As firefox mantains your session, I believe its a
13 solution. I have no brazilian links when I search for English words
14 (at least not at the top of the list).
15
16 > So, the point is: what browser now? Firefox is the one more often
17 > mentioned in this list. How about Konqueror or Opera? The latter is
18 > hardly ever mentioned. Is there some special reason for this? For
19 > example, is it activelly maintained? Is it missing some particular
20 > feature? It looks nice enough, but is there some catch? And Konqueror? I
21 > already use KDE, so that's not an issue.
24 I use firefox all the time, but Konqueror is fine, so is Opera, never
25 benchmarked any of those neither tried different pages, but I like
26 Opera because I used to run it on Windows few years ago.
29 Daniel da Veiga
30 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list