From: Bruce Schultz <brulzki@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange Alt key behavior?
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 13:05:24
1 On 4 February 2015 10:54:31 AM AEST, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >I send a system image of my laptop to various other laptops of the
3 >same make and model which they use to operate. I wrote a script for
4 >this and it works great. I've run into a situation where a particular
5 >new (used) laptop works fine but the Alt+F2 shortcut to open the
6 >program launcher in xfce4 doesn't work and I can't switch to VTs 1-3
7 >with Ctrl+Alt+F1/F2/F3. VT4 works but then VT7 doesn't bring back the
8 >desktop. I'm not sure what this is pointing to. Any ideas?
11 Some laptops have a bios option to switch the behavior of the Fn key such that you need to press Fn+F2 to send a F2 key. The bare F1/F2/.. send the extra keys, such as volume controls and screen brightness. It might be worth checking if Fn+Alt+F2 does what you want.
12
13 Bruce
16 :b