From: jason@×××××××××××.ca
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ath0 startup problem
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 22:44:03
1 Greetings,
2
3 I am following this guide...
4
5 http://gentoo-wiki.com/Madwifi_Wireless_Access_Point
6
7 ...to setup my gentoo system as a wireless access point. I have it all
8 setup and everthing is working, however, when I boot up my gentoo system
9 it says...
13 Bringing up interface ath0
14 starting wpa_supplicant on ath0
15 ioctl[SIOCSIWMODE]: invalid argument
16 Could not configure driver to use managed mode
17
18 Starting wpa_cli on ath0...
19 Backgrounding
20 WARNING:net.ath0 has started, but is inactive
24 I think something must be configured the wrong way. How do I fix this? I
25 think I want "master mode" not "managed mode"
26
27 I think this problem may have to do with the fact I am using baselayout
28 2.0.0 but am not totally sure.
29
30 What does "ioctl[SIOCSIWMODE]: invalid argument" mean?
31
32 What does "inactive" mean?
33
34 Again, everything is working so this isn't a major problem but I would
35 still like to fix it.
36
37 Thanks
38