From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xorg & nvidia (again) ;-(
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:27:38
1 Good afternoon, everyone!
2 I'm sorry to open such a thread again, but I found 2 topics regarding this issue
3 here. It appears that one of them ("remove xorg-server to emerge nvidia-glx
4 <=Normal?") had a solution but it was posted on a site
5 (http://rafb.net/paste/results/HPsvCD94.html) which deletes the messages a few days
6 after they are published.
7
8 So let me get to the point.
9
10 System:
11 Athlon-XP 1700+ CPU, Epox mobo with NForce chipset and Nvidia GeForce4 MX440
12 Graphics card.
13 Arch = "x86"
14 X Window System Version 6.8.2
15 Release Date: 9 February 2005
16 X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.8.2
17 Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.16-ck12 i686 [ELF]
18
19 Purpose:
20 I want to upgrade my X so I would be able to run Xgl & Compiz.
21
22 Tried so far:
23 I believe 7.0.* is the right version for my case. I've tried to put the mask shown
24 on the official Gentoo site about "migrating to mudular X". Unfortunately for me
25 that mask pulls version 7.1. Then I put "<=7.1" in package.mask which led to lots of
26 unresolved deps. After playing with masks & versions the whole weekend I gave up ;-(
27
28 Please, help me start running Xgl & Compiz on system with GeForce video.
33 Best regards,
34 Daniel
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list