From: Pupino <pupinux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Enabling Hald services
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 14:28:11
1 2008/6/22 Norman Hakim <desprado_mariachi@×××××.com>:
5 > *Ward Poelmans <wpoely86@×××××.com>* wrote:
6 >
7 > 2008/6/21 Norman Hakim :
8 >
9 > > Yes,i can the icon but i cannot open it,after i click it nothing happen.
10 > Is
11 > > it i have to Run "mount" and "dmesg" using terminal? i'm using Gnome
12 > desktop
13 > > manager,the id stated is "1000".
14 >
15 > So when you click, nothings happens? No error message?
16 > "id" should tell you a bit more. It should be something like:
17 > uid=501(user) gid=501(user) groups=501(user),80(admin)
18 >
19 > To make automount work, you need to be a member of a couple of groups.
20 >
21 > Ward
22 > --
23 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
24 >
25 > When i click nothing happen & no error message.i've checked the id, my
26 > account is 1000, and my acc is a member of a few groups like
27 > portage,root,daemon.
28 >
29 > What are the groups that i have to join so that i can make automount work?
30 >
31 > Regards,
32 > Norman
35 > * NORMAN HAKIM YAHYA*
38 Hi,
39 adding yourself to the "disk" group will give you acces to disk device and
40 adding to the "plugdev" group will grant you can use hald.
41 I think this should do the trick.
42 HTH
43 Davide