From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] .tmp-unverified-download-quarantine
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 23:32:30
1 On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 23:41:43 +0100, n952162 wrote:
2
3 > > I had a similar issue with the .tmp-unverified-download-quarantine
4 > > continually appearing, deleting it made no difference. In the end I
5 > > deleted the whole portage tree and resynced, then the problem
6 > > disappeared. This may or may not have a bearing on your profile issue,
7 > > but it's worth fixing first.
8
9 > I just finished running "emerge --sync" again, based on something I saw
10 > on the internet - it did the whole thing again, takes about 2 hours.
11
12 Two hours? How slow is your connection?
13
14 > Same result.  But I didn't delete "the whole portage tree".  What does
15 > that mean?
16 >
17 > rm -rf /var/db/repos?
18
19 If you're using the new default location, I think it is
20 /var/db/repos/gentoo, but someone should confirm that.
21
22 > or:
23 >
24 > rm -rf /var/db/pkg?
25
26 No, that's the database of installed packages, don't mess with it.
27
28 > And why should it work?  Is it not rather something broken in the
29 > upstream repository?  Or the 20200108 minimum cd image I'm using? It's
30 > otherwise a naked machine.
31
32 No idea, but something went wrong on one sync and I was stuck with this
33 directory. Deleting it was no help, but deleting the whole tree fixed it.
34 It did slow down sync times, but not the the extent you have.
38 Neil Bothwick
39
40 WinErr 00B: Inadequate disk space - Free at least 50MB