From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [slightly O/T] mysql problems
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 23:18:01
1 On Thursday 16 Oct 2014 07:24:43 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 09:40:56 PM Mick wrote:
3
4 > > Well, I still have the backup from the live website, I can restore from
5 > > it if I have to. However, what I find confusing is that the errors
6 > > mention the live website's database name, not the local database.
7 > > Shouldn't the import function import the tables into the local database?
8 >
9 > When you do it as you said:
10 > mysql -u webadmin -h localhost -p website_test < website1_20141014.sql
11 >
12 > then that is the expected result (that it uses tables in the local
13 > database.)
14 >
15 > Can you do a search in the SQL-file for references to the remote database
16 > and post some of those lines? (Preferably only a subset referencing a
17 > single table)
18
19 Thank you both for your help. I think I have fixed whatever it was that had
20 gone sideways, but I can't explain it with any certainty.
21
22 So, here is what happened. The local database name more than a year ago had a
23 hyphen in the name; e.g. "website-new". When listing /var/lib/mysql it was
24 shown as: website@002dnew
25
26 However, 9 months ago I had dropped that database and created a new database
27 with an underscore instead of a hyphen; e.g. website_new. Imported the tables
28 from the remote database into it and carried on with my work.
29
30 Suddenly, I notice all these errors in the log. They were definitely not
31 there before and in any case the website-new directory was no longer listed in
32 /var/lib/mysql, while website_new was there.
33
34 I dropped website_new, recreated website-new and the errors in the logs
35 stopped. Finally, I dropped website-new again, recreated website_new and
36 still no errors in the logs. :-)
37
38 The only problem is that now I can't load the website from the recreated
39 website_new database! LOL! I will look at it later, but wanted to report
40 that the errors I posted about have thankfully gone. I blame it all on
41 filesystem corruption of some sort (ext4), as it was running out of space, but
42 can't be sure.
43
44 Thanks again.
47 Regards,