From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: What trouble am I creating by commenting entries in [...]/packag.mask
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 15:29:44
1 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz> writes:
2
3 >> xvidtune knows about all that and reports whats really going on.
4 >
5 > xvidtune is part or xorg-x11.
6 >
7 > If you have the older style, stable xorg installed you already have
8 > xvidtune:
9
10 Thanks Nick that stopped this sillyness in its tracks.
11
12 Egad, once again I get to look rather stupid. But what started this
13 whole query was that typing xvidtune at a command line gave the bash
14 message no such command or something similar.
15
16 I'm not sure why that happened ... perhaps a typo in the cmdline. But
17 that set me off on this wild goose chase.
18
19 Typing xvidtune now starts xvidtune.....
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list