From: Jake Moe <jakesaddress@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] FVWM Desktop scrolling not working with KDE open dialog box
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 09:20:47
1 I'm having a weird issue I'm hoping someone here can help with. I've
2 asked on the FVWM mailing list, but they can't reproduce with my config,
3 so I'm hoping someone here with experience with the KDE/QT side of
4 things might be able to offer a suggestion.
5
6 I've configured FVWM with a single 3x3 desktop, and I've left off edge
7 resistance so I can flip between them easily. This works fine most of
8 the time, but recently, I believe with updating KDE to 4.6.2, I've
9 noticed this problem. When I have a KDE app (or possibly any QT app,
10 I'm not sure where exactly the distinction lies; it happens with
11 SMplayer as well, which I don't believe is strictly a KDE app, but a QT
12 app) open and try to open a file (or save a new file), when the dialog
13 box its up, the mouse (and focus) is on that dialog box, and I try to
14 move my mouse up to the "upper" page, it flicks to the new page for a
15 split second and then puts me back on the page with the KDE/QT app. If,
16 while the dialog box is open, I let the mouse rest for a moment on the
17 application, the app gets focus for a split second, and then the dialog
18 seems to take it back. Then when I move the mouse off the top of the
19 page, it works fine.
20
21 It seems to only be limited to QT/KDE, but I have no idea if it's a
22 "bug" in FVWM, or a "feature" in KDE that needs disabling. Hope this
23 description makes sense. Does anyone have any ideas?
24
25 FVWM version is "fvwm 2.6.1 compiled on May 23 2011 at 18:40:17 with
26 support for: ReadLine, XPM, PNG, SVG, Shape, XShm, SM, XRender, XCursor,
27 XFT, NLS", and my config is attached.
28
29 Any thoughts?
30
31 Jake Moe