From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updating dev-libs/glib pulls a lot of packages...
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 09:14:50
1 On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 10:35:21 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > I do not have this USE-flag enabled. And I am sure I did not
4 > > change USE for long time so I do not understand why suddenly
5 > > so many packages want to be installed...
6 >
7 > Looks like it is enabled but you are not aware of it. From the ebuild:
8 >
9 > DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
10 > >=dev-util/pkgconfig-0.16
11 > >=sys-devel/gettext-0.11
12 > >=dev-util/gtk-doc-am-1.11
13 > doc? (
14 > >=dev-libs/libxslt-1.0
15 > >=dev-util/gtk-doc-1.11
16 > ~app-text/docbook-xml-dtd-4.1.2 )"
17
18 gtk-doc-am is now a hard dependency, and it depends on the other three.
19
20 Jarry, this is mentioned in both the ebuild comments and the ChangeLog,
21 the latter should be the first place you look for unexpected changes.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 The computer revolution is over. The computers won.