From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: thunderbird "fixed" folders? [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 01:05:11
1 On Sun, Jun 05, 2011 at 08:07:24PM -0400, Indi wrote:
2 > So, following several suggestions I emerge thunderbird for
3 > testing, and the first thing I noticed is it does what people
4 > insist it doesn't do: creates redundant Trash and Drafts folders,
5 > both locally and (cardinal sin) on the remote server!
6 > So now in mutt there are all these redundant mail folders screwing
7 > up my carefully created IMAP structure.
8 > So, merely invoking thunderbird has created a mess.
9 >
10 > Doesn't appear to be fixable...
11 > Hopefully I'm wrong and there's a trick to it?
14 Ok, got it -- weirdly enough, one has to use the CLI to address
15 this. The GUI preferences dialog doesn't have a provision for
16 making t-bird not create unwanted folders, but once they're created
17 can be deleted in ~/.thunderbird/ and then they don't come back
18 when t-bird is restarted.
19
20 Now it's running with only the remote and local IMAP structures
21 as they're supposed to be.
24 klaatu virada nicto