From: Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ffmpeg-0.5-r1 cannot find libfaad.so.1 when faad USE flag enable
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 05:51:39
1 great, revdep-rebuild saved me. thanks ;)
4 On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > Xi Shen wrote:
6 >> hi,
7 >>
8 >> i am using gentoo x64, just have ffmpeg emerged, and successfully
9 >> emerged -u world. but when i ran ffmpeg -formats, i got a error
10 >> message saying that the libfaad.so.1 cannot be found. i check my
11 >> system, and i only have faad2 emerged. actually, the whole portage
12 >> tree does not have something like faad1. what lib should i emerge to
13 >> fix this?
14 >>
15 >> currently, i created a symlink from libfaad.so.1 to libfaad.so.2.0.0,
16 >> and it *looks* like working.
17 >>
18 >> maybe there's something wrong with the package dependence?
23 > I would try revdep-rebuild -i and if that comes out fine, try emerge
24 > -uDNa world.  Sometimes a change in USE can cause a problem or the
25 > dependencies wasn't calculated deep enough.  The -ND will catch all that.
26 >
27 > Hope that helps.
28 >
29 > Dale