From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Setting up a fall back ISP SMTP in sendmail
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 22:00:05
1 On 19 Apr 2010, at 22:50, Mick wrote:
2 > ...
3 > The problem is that you'll spend an hour or two setting it all up,
4 > it'll work,
5 > you'll never touch it again. Then, two years later something will
6 > require you
7 > to reconfigure it and there will be no way on this earth that you will
8 > remember what you did or why it made any sense at the time! Ha,
9 > ha! :-))
10
11 To be fair, is this not mostly the case with the majority of big,
12 powerful servers on *nix platforms?
13
14 I have certainly found this to be the case with Apache, Postfix and to
15 a lesser extend Samba. Oh! Also syslog-ng's filtering options. The
16 only text-based configuration file I've found easy to recreate has
17 been that of Dovecot.
18
19 Stroller.