From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't install a new system
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 15:47:14
1 On Thu, 08 Apr 2021 13:27:51 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > Untarring the latest stage-3 onto /mnt/gentoo, /mnt/gentoo/var and /mnt/
4 > gentoo/usr/local gets me started. Then I chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash,
5 > and that works too. Then I leave the profile at the default vanilla
6 > amd64 and emerge-webrsync. So far so good. Then when I try emerge
7 > -uaDvN @world I get a circular dependency involving elt-patches and
8 > xz-utils. No amount of unsetting of USE flags makes any difference. Nor
9 > does --excluding one of them, because portage just refuses to do that.
10
11 Try omitting -D and -N to reduce the number of packages being rebuilt. If
12 that doesn't help, post the output here.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 "Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."
19 (Albert Einstein)