From: Dave Jones <Dave.Jones@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] TARPIT iptables target
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:13:58
1 Hi Andrew,
2
3 Thank you for the tip about TARPIT, the problem is now solved.
4
5 To complete the fix I downloaded patch-o-matic-ng and the iptables
6 source from netfilter.org:
7
8 cd /usr/src
9 svn co https://svn.netfilter.org/netfilter/trunk/patch-o-matic-ng
10 svn co https://svn.netfilter.org/netfilter/trunk/iptables
11
12 The documentation on using cvs on netfilter.org is outdated, they've
13 converted to subversion and cvs is no longer available there.
14
15 cd /usr/src/patch-o-matic-ng
16 ./runme extra
17
18 Allowed me to select the new iptables targets I wanted.
19
20 cd /usr/src/linux
21 make menuconfig && make && make modules_install && make install
22
23 I added the "extensions" USE flag to my /etc/make.conf, then reran the
24 iptables emerge.
25
26 It's all working fine now.
27
28 Thanks to both you and Bryce for the help you gave!
29
30 Cheers, Dave
31