From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Anybody running gnome3 in a virtualbox gentoo guest?
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 01:33:15
1 Because I'm paranoid, I update my virtualbox ~amd64-gentoo-guest machine every
2 day *before* I update my (real hardware) "production" machine. (The definition
3 of "production" is left as an exercise for the reader.)
4
5 Not long ago I noticed that the vbox guest machine failed to start a gnome
6 session because "3D hardware support" is not available on the guest machine.
7
8 To make a very long story short, I downgraded the xorg-server on the gentoo
9 guest from 1.16.0 to 1.15.1, and now gnome3 is happy again.
10
11 Techie detail for nerds only: /usr/libexec/gnome-session-check-accelerated
12 returns an error message with xorg-server-1.16.0, but works normally with
13 xorg-server-1.15.1.
14
15 Has anyone else seen the same behavior?
16
17 Thx