From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: shockwave on Gentoo ?
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 16:47:08
1 On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:12 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Nilesh Govindarajan <contact <at> nileshgr.com> writes:
3 >> Shockwave is not supported in Linux IMHO
4 >
5 > This url suggests using wine:
6 >
7 > http://www.anuragbhandari.com/2008/10/install-shockwave-in-linux-using-wine/
10 > I've seen several similar postings, but, most are old. Anyone tried
11 > using wine plus windows apps to get shockwave running on a gentoo system?
12 > Could it be chrooted or (whatever) to make it more secure?
13 >
14 > Any comments or opinions or caveats (security holes) taking this
15 > approach to getting shockwave running on my kid's gentoo box?
16 >
17 > Dam school requires this application for advanced chemistry....
18 > He really does not want to use doz (good kid) if he does not
19 > have to......
20
21 Regarding WINE...
22
23 You'll probably need to unmask the 1.3 branch, because libicu and wine
24 1.2.x have been in conflict most of this year.
25
26 Winetricks is your friend.
30 :wq