From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Botched Raid1 install
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 17:24:45
1 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > grub in Gentoo includes a GPT patch:
5 > /usr/portage/sys-boot/grub/files/grub-0.97-gpt.patch
6 > I'm using GPT and grub-0.97-r10 and it works.
7
8 Is this true for
9 install-amd64-minimal-20110714.iso ???
10 My install media of choice now.
11
12 If not then I can just emerge the GPT patched grub and
13 gptpart during the install? If not, then after the initial
14 install and enter the system via chrooting a rebooted
15 system and patch grub?
16
17 I think this is at the heart of my failure last April,
18 to get a RAID1 install correct. That and the 4K block
19 problem on 2T drives. This [1] doc only glosses over
20 that issue so maybe somebody will enhance the the wiki
21 document.....
22
23 I also intend to use ext4 for all 3 partitions, boot,root,swap;
24 unless there exist a strong, compelling reason to use
25 ext-2 for the boot partition ??? ease of recovery ?
28 [1] http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/RAID/Software#Setup_RAID
31 James