From: Tito Valentin <tito@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] SMTP Authentication
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:46:25
1 Hello list:
2
3 I have been trying to get SMTP authentication on Gentoo to work with no
4 success. I am running qmail (netqmail package) with dovecot and saslauth.
5 I am able to connect and read my mail through IMAP fine. The problem is
6 that I cannot send email using my own SMTP server due to an authentication
7 issue. Every time we try to send email out we get an error saying that it
8 cannot establish a connection because I am not part of the allowed rcphost
9 list. I tried adding the remote host in the rcpthosts database but the
10 problem persists. The only error I see in the log files for dovecot is
11 "Disconnected"
12
13 Can anyone point me in the right direction as to why I can't be
14 authenticated when sending email out? Another thing is, it keeps
15 prompting me for my passwd.
16
17 GV
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list