From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cups without X
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 07:53:14
1 On Tuesday, 14 August 2018 17:32:47 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 15:24:48 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > My problem is that, even though the system detects the printer being
4 > > connected, cups can't see it. I've tried everything I can think of so
5 > > I'm now hoping that someone here can point out my (no doubt elementary)
6 > > error.
7 >
8 > ISTR something about not setting USB_PRINTER in the kernel config, but
9 > it's been a while since I used a USB printer. When I did, it was on a
10 > headless box.
11
12 Yes, I knew about the kernel printer support being obsolete, and therefore I
13 don't have it selected.
14
15 As yours was a headless box, you must have solved the problem I'm facing, or
16 else it didn't happen at all.
19 Regards,
20 Peter.