From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Make BIND inject queries
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 08:28:27
1 On 23/07/2013 09:40, Pavel Volkov wrote:
2 > I have recently installed BIND as a recursive resolver for local network.
3 >
4 > I'll explain my configuration. There's a network with hosts binded to
5 > example.org <http://example.org> domain, like host1.example.org
6 > <http://host1.example.org>, host2.example.org <http://host2.example.org>
7 > etc.
8 > They make DNS query through recursive server A.
9 > Authoritative server for example.org <http://example.org> domain is
10 > server B and it's totally unrelated.
11 >
12 > Below is an example of what I'd like to accomplish.
13 > 1. When the outside make a DNS query for host1.example.org
14 > <http://host1.example.org>, it should only receive its AAAA
15 > record 2001:db8:a::1.
16 > 2. When host2 queries server A for host1.example.com
17 > <http://host1.example.com>, server A should return the
18 > same 2001:db8:a::1 AAAA record (resolved through authoritative server)
19 > and also inject 192.168.1.100 A record into the reply.
20 >
21 > How can I setup BIND on server A to make it happen?
24 What you want to accomplish is cache-poisoning. There's a few ways to do
25 it, but it's not easy.
26
27 You can load the customized copy of the zone onto the cache that your
28 internal hosts use, or set up an authoritative internal-only server.
29
30 This stuff gets tricky, every time I have to investigate our setup that
31 does something similar, I need to work it out in my head all over again.
32
33 The best advice I can give is DO NOT TRY AND ACCOMPLISH THIS WITH ONE
34 DNS AUTH SERVER THAT SERVES INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CLIENT. That way lies
35 a whole lotta pain.
38 Alan McKinnon
39 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com