From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eject and util-linux blocker
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 04:14:29
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 18 March 2015 13:12:47 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I switched way back in 2003 when it was rare that a init thingy was needed
5 >> in Gentoo. It seems someone screwed that up.
6 > I still don't have one, nor do I foresee a need.
7
8 I didn't have one until I recently rebooted and got a bunch of errors.
9 After posting those here, it seems I need to have one. I don't like it
10 one bit tho.
14 >> I try to keep a few fall back plans around. Spare kernels etc.
15 > One old kernel has always been enough for me, together with the current one
16 > of course.
19 Well, I clean them out every once in a while. I don't have a issue with
20 having a plan G just in case. ;-)
21
22 Dale
23