From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about bird init script
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 14:06:03
1 On 3/4/19 5:33 AM, Alarig Le Lay wrote:
2 > Hi again,
3 >
4 > On another box, I’m trying to update to bird 2.0.4. I just copied the
5 > ebuild and changed the version. If you want to have a look, it’s here:
6 > https://git.grifon.fr/alarig/SwordArMor-gentoo-overlay/src/branch/master/net-misc/bird
7 >
8 > It compiles well, but I have a weird behaviour on the service if I want
9 > to stop it.
10
11 I know this isn't the answer you want, but before you waste any time
12 debugging, you should rewrite that ugly-ass service script to meet
13 modern standards:
14
15 https://github.com/OpenRC/openrc/blob/master/service-script-guide.md
16
17 I'm pretty sure you can delete 90% of it, and make it work better in the
18 process. Then, if start/stop/reload still don't work, it will be
19 worthwhile to figure out why.